Moving to Waterloo
Waterloo Apartments and rental housing
For information on your rights as a tenant go to the Ontario Tenants Most Asked Questions and Answers page.
You may also want to check the following pages: Cambridge Community Services Directory
and the Kitchener Community Services Directory.
This is also a helpful list for those who are moving to Waterloo Canada, not just those looking for Waterloo apartments.
Waterloo Region Community Housing, Community Housing Access Centre, 235 King Street, 6th Floor, Kitchener, Ontario N2G 4N5, 519-575-4833
Central Ontario Co-operative Housing Federation
For Ontario Works/welfare: Social Services Department, The Regional Municipality of Waterloo, 99 Regina St. South, Waterloo, 519-883-2100
City of Waterloo, 519-886-1550
How to contact your City of Waterloo Mayor and City Councillors
City of Waterloo, By-laws
Region of Waterloo
Region of Waterloo By-laws
Waterloo Region Garbage and Recycling information,
Waterloo Region Household Hazardous Waste,
details and drop off location for the proper disposal of hazardous waste such as batteries, fluorescent and compact fluorescent lamps (as they contain mercury,) pharmaceuticals, paints, solvents, pesticides, etc..
- Service Ontario Information Centre, Unit 16, 105 Lexington Road, Waterloo, N2J 4R7, General Inquiry: 519-746-8332, Health Card Inquiry: 1-888-376-5197, Driver & Vehicle Inquiry: 1-800-387-3445
- Landlord and Tenant Board, 1-888-332-3234, Service Ontario office, 30 Duke Street West , Kitchener, N2H 3W5
- Be WebAware, for Parents to keep your children safe when on the Internet
- Family and Child Services of the Waterloo Region, 200 Ardelt Ave., Kitchener, (519) 576-0540
- Kitchener Waterloo Multicultural Centre, 102 King Street West, Kitchener, (519) 745-2531
- Salvation Army - Community and Family Services, 300 Gage Ave, #1, Kitchener, N2M 2C8, 519-745-4215
- United Way of Kitchener Waterloo and Area
- The Working Centre, 58 Queen St. S., Kitchener, (519) 743-1151
- YMCA of Kitchener-Waterloo Community Services, 800 King St. W., 3rd Flr., Kitchener, (519) 579-9622 ext. 253
Telehealth Ontario 1-866-797-0000 for health advice over the phone
Walk in and Community Health Clinics
The Waterloo Walk-In Clinic, University Shops Plaza II, 170 University Ave W, Unit 13, Waterloo, N2L 3E9, 519-725-1514
Grand River Hospital, 835 King St. West, Kitchener, (519) 742-3611
St. Mary's General Hospital, 911 Queen's Boulevard, Kitchener, (519) 744-3311
Doctor Search, a service provided by the
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario